Thursday 25 September 2008

Gagged or what?

On 8th September at around 05.00 hours I sent my photos of the smashed window to my local paper. They were also informed of my latest press release.

A reporter phoned me in the afternoon. I suggested he see the full story on my blog. He said he would get back to me if he needed to know anything else. Next afternoon (Tuesday) I phoned him to ask what was happening! He claimed he had been too busy with deadlines (for a Thursday paper!) to have a look. The photos sent to his editor were self-explanatory anyway.

It seems the content editor's excuse for not covering the story was that I had refused a telephone interview, which is totally untrue.

Well at least the comment I wrote online on 8th September stayed up!

"In March 2007 my summerhouse and shed were raised (should read 'rased', I was still in shock!) to the ground. It got a small mention in the paper but the police did not come out and say 'suspected arson' in my case. The administrator of these houses was obviously worried - he wanted to get the site cleared immediately - it posed no hazard and my loss-adjuster found it 'out of order'!

Last night a large chunk of stone was hurled through my bed-sit window. Is anyone interested in my story - locally NO
A W, Bishops Tawton
commented on 08-Sep-2008 16:23

Text of email sent to said reporter on 11th September 08

"Subject: Shame
You had sooo many really early deadlines and more interesting reports!!
...


The whole issue will get out there with or without the help of NDJ. I am going as far as ECHR after IPCC !

I have delayed the repair of my window until safety precautions have been agreed. One less to smash. Also on show for longer! Have displayed photos of incident and missile. Crime Prevention did their assessment yesterday am.

I suppose I'll just have to highlight the lack of interest of my local press yet again - gagging comes to mind!"

2 comments:

langwiz said...

Result so far of Crime Prevention Assessment - a security light close to the smashed window. My entrance and side window still without any protection! :(

langwiz said...

PS According to a phone-call from my sector inspector yesterday, as I had sent asn email to chase up the outcome of the CPO visit - he still thinks I need a welfare worker more than CCTV or a panic button! Anyone who knows me is aware that I am a coper.

What I need is security.

He called me 'articulate' but went on to disagree with the fact that I have been subjected to a 'course of harassment'! What planet is my police force from?